Saturday, June 10, 2006

Singapura oh Singapura!

Saturday, 27 May 2006

Yippie! The day of ze trip. And I went over to the gym for the Miracle Circuit Challenge thingy. Wah, definitely challenging. Like instructors’ training endurance stint. No joke. Grace, Nick, Alvin and Lynn came all the way from KL to monitor the event.

Alvin and Celia were respectively dressed in Superman and Supergirl costumes for Superhero BodyAttack. LOL so funny can drop dead lo. How could a sadist like me not go into the studio and laugh at them workout? Wanted to join Nick’s Black Balance but gotta rethink my priorities uh? Ahem. OMG I was at the gym until like 2 hours before my international flight. Rushed like hell home to pack and shower (all in 15 minutes) and got chauffeured to the airport driven by Kel, the Chinese Schumacher.

Phew! Checked in just in time. D was naggy like, you better move into the gym lah! Blergh. The flight was okay save for the lack of eye candy. Seriously, SIA you keep all the hottie stewards for Raffles Class only ah? Cis bedebah! Spoil my virginal experience in Economy only. What’s with all the uncles here?

Touched down at Changi Airport and took the MRT downtown. Aah the moment I set foot into the train… the smell of an MRT ignites all the good old college memories. Resient olfactory stimulation. It felt like a homecoming of sorts. (Hey, I studied here for a while okay!) I even know the words to the national anthem, not that I sung it.

Walked through the whole stretch of Orchard Road searching for FOOD! In one night, we had Old Chang Kee, Crystal Jade, BreadTalk and TCC already.

Sunday, 28 May 2006

Had Thai Express for lunch. Yum yum! Spent half my wage at Marina Square. Every single store I saw had the word “SALE”. How to resist? Zara, Lacoste, Topman, Calvin Klein dan lain-lain.

Ooo nice. Cheaper than in KL. Buy. Ooo limited edition. Buy. Ooo pink! Buy.

I am a chronic shopaholic. My mum even entrusted me to buy shoes (pumps) for her. That is just plain weird, no?

He was settling his National Service stuffs (Yes, he is Singaporean) or else, I might have spent even more. We had MOS burger for dinner, although I wanted Carl’s Jr. Grr… Then balik his rumah, so drama. He got into into this long-winded argument discussion with his parents about army. I just hid in a corner.

We got into bed and started talking. Never imagined I gave him so many things ah. They were all around the room. *sniggers* So lame that we started karaoke-ing to the songs in our phones. Looking through his photo albums, I realised I wasn’t there through most of the parts of his life. Something happened later that I felt a part of me died-ed. We then did whatever that is people do in bed.

Monday, 29 May 2006

Audition at the National University of Singapore, Conservatory of Music.
9.00 a.m.
The professors said I did well and was sufficiently competent. But somehow, I just was not jumping high in jubilation. I love music, and I know my passion can drive me to excel in this degree. I wanted this for the longest time (actually Berklee) but now I am not so sure. Could doing a major in both Science/Chemistry and Music spell double trouble?

Then it was to Bugis Junction to hang out with Victor and Eric (collegemates from JB). Had lunch at Swensen’s and watched X-Men 3 (for the second time). Both are overrated. As we were about to leave Parco, ran into Joy (Indonesian college classmate) who fell and got this hideous scar on her palate. Funny how she reminded us on how people used to think Victor and I were an item. Yes, we were inseparable like Siamese twins stuck to the hip. But it was never more than brotherly, at least not on his side.

Shopping at Queensway spelt disaster. As I spent more and more money, in Singapore dollars. Found the new Nike Slut Slat Technology shoes. What a befitting shoe for someone of my reputation? But no, ended up getting a pair of Nike Shox at a steal. The damned four letter word kept me in a spell. SALE, I mean. Found a sexy, blue sleeveless top. Buy. Sexy, blue shorts. Buy. Skanky shirt that Victor says fits me. Buy.

Queensway Shopping Centre is truly heaven for sporting attire. Many times cheaper than in Malaysia. Why oh why? Wanna go? Take MRT to Commonwealth station and take SBS Transit to Blk 66 halt.

Had dinner with a blogger based in Singapore. Ooo tonnes of stories ay? Good stuff. Minus that I could not have my mee pok. Must have bored him to death with my incessant bitching.

Ended the day going to D’s place again. He was in one of his contemplative moods again. Sighs. “We need to think through some things.” That sorta stuff. But we didn’t really talk. He drank and fell asleep. Haha

Tuesday, 30 May 2006

Major fall out. It is at this point of time where I finally got it through to my brain that both of us are so different, in so many ways.

I am a romantic. He is realistic.
I (try to be) optimistic. He is pessimistic.
I am compulsive. He is introspective.
I am a hedonist. He is an ascetic (with respect to others)

Opposites attract but will they stay together?

I do love him and I believe he did love me as well. But sometimes, love just isn’t enough. Corny ah?

The only attribute we have in common is that we are both spoilt brats, who had the luxury of practically everything materialistic.

Boo.

Yeah, and I missed my flight home by 10 minutes.

Had dinner with a kind, consoling soul at Ngee Ann City. I am tougher than I think, but I am not as strong as I look. So thank you, man! *nudge* Ran into D’s classmates there.

Settled my thoughts at the Esplanade. It has always been my sanctuary whenever I became emo when I was in Singapore. The place just heals a wistful mind. A while later, D showed up. It was bittersweet.

My friends (gay/straight) have long warned that D spells disaster. Ooh D for Disaster! In fact, Kelly Clarkson’s Beautiful Disaster reminds me of him. I don’t know what he is after. The signs were already there. Long distance. The perennial arguments.

How can something so wrong feel so right?

He makes my heart melt… and stone. A feeling that is indescribable. You know, like he is The One. All the things he has done for me. All the gifts he has showered me with. (muahaha) He made a strong mark in my life in ways more than one. I was afraid of the way he makes me feel. He makes me vulnerable. He makes me brave. For that, I feel indebted? For that, I held on for dear life?

It’s just hard to let someone go, y’know? I am okay. I have to be. Cos there really isn’t any other option, is there?

It has been said that there is one word that will free us from the wait and pain of life.

I still believe in that word.

AAAAHHH... the pics won't load.
Next: Back to KL!!!

11 comments:

canardbidon said...

no pop by at new urban male?! what sorta gay boy r you!? hehe

stewards in raffles class aren't hot too! in fact they usually put the older guys up front! boo boo

joshua said...

But the last few times I flew with Raffles Class got hottie ne. Need to go back up there. Economy got soooo many of the girl variant. Saddening, they never think of gay passengers do they?

There were two NUM outlets at CityLink alone. Walao... but no SALE leh. And I aint FIT enough to strut in NUM apparel.

famezgay said...

a trip with full of things happening.. sad n happiness.. But the most important thing is u learnt.. Good to hear tat u still movin on! YEah let's have a bachelor PARTY when u come down kl ekekke..

Anonymous said...

There are two bittersweet things in life - one is Love. The other's Sales. They break your heart/bank account but damnit, wasn't it good while it lasted?

savante said...

Think they keep all the hotties locked up in a special plane for rich men to peruse - could have sworn I heard that or was that a wet dream of mine.

So what's happening with the love life then?

Paul

joshua said...

Lawrence, aiya I have to move on lo. Or else the NEXT guy won't come along right? hehe

WS, What about eating? It hurts the waistline. lol

Paul, my lovelife has come to a standstill. Still waiting for some knight to save me!

Derek said...

Heh. Glad you're OK.

Just doing what I can for a friend.

You take care.

Buaya said...

A little late, I know... But just want to say I understand how you feel... Anyway, you sounded alright now... :)

joshua said...

Derek, you can count me knocking on your doorstep the next time I come a calling.

Buaya, yeah pampering myself is part of the treatment

Anonymous said...

We'll there is no one that will be exactly the same, even if both of you are having the same interest, do you think you will still interested in him? You'll get bored dude, no arguments, no nothing, just a nod in the head.

Well, i would suggest tat, you you feels that he's the one...go for it. Follow your heart. You heart knows what's best for you.

Prince of Darkness said...

Even though it might be hard to deal with everything, but if you have faith in it, have a good talk, I am sure you can find the key to start the engine...