Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Care Package From The Ex... and Indulgence!

.....after failing to wake up early in an adventure to visit the neighbourhood Starbucks for free coffee (Read Janvier's post for more info) and possibly get another tumbler. Hey, I drink (coffee) like a fish! *I got the last anniversary tumbler at the outlet!*

Yes I wish to stress on the failing. I woke up 4 hrs later. Bummer, no free coffee for me!

Anyhoooooo, just as I was about to leave the house (the grill door was already wide ajar)... the postman came with a package!!!

Whooppeee!!! A present? For me? *obviously, the season's bug has bitten me*

It's kinda huge huh?

And it's from The Ex (in Singapore)...

Short note on the aforementioned-ex: Great guy, hyper-altruistic (seriously, he's a borderline martyr) and we dated for about 4 years (dog years, that is!). The lovestory was far from a fairytale and was fukking complicated; too much drama, not enough sex along with some psychological damage. Okay, maybe the last part is just a half-truth.

Cutting a short story into an even briefer one, we finally decided that we would scrap the romantic part and remain platonic. And for the record, we are more successful at being close friends.

He is one of the 2 ex(s) who are still on talking terms with me and does not actually pray for me to burn in eternal inferno. That's another plus-point.

Oh, did I mention his family operates a uber-huge company in the Lion City?

We last spoke like 3-4 days ago and he didn't mention anything at all, so yeah, this came as a total surprise no doubt! His signature Christmas Care Package!


And I blame him for my affinity to bakkwa. We used to always talk about these dried grilled? slices of pork (and could be very well Singapore's best EXport to the outside world, excluding Stefanie Sun or that Tammy video thingamajig few years back). Not forgetting that we always fight about where the best bakkwa comes from? Penang or Singapore?

So in line with our neverending debate on the issue, he sent over air-tight bite-sized tidbit bakkwa. I wonder if they sell this in the Bee Cheng Hiang branches around Malaysia already?

Okay D! Singapore bakkwa is more progressive!!!

Being a total photography affecionado, he included some of his 'masterpieces' in the package too. SHOW OFF! Haha... Ahhh, how I miss the Esplanade and Kallang River! =(

Ooo, there are two t-shirts too!!! Yeah, these are like all he got me from his various travels around the globe. Whatever happened to local handicrafts? LOL not complaining, a gift is a gift is a gift.


I honestly don't have a clue what this is... a name card designed for me? LOL if only I could call him and question him down to the core, but no, this guy has to go like, skiing in Siberia for the winter holidays!

Oh yes, I have to thank him as well. Haha!

As I digress, I would like to include what has kept me sane and NOT emo, what with the over-the-top stress levels.

The reason why my drives home from KL to Penang takes 7 hours! LOL... detours to the Indulgence Restaurant and Boutique Hotel (which I can never afford).

Fudge on Fudge and The Ultimate Fudge with cream and fresh strawberries!

Fudge on Fudge, served warm... simply irresistible!

Many thanks to the Diva Narcissist Princess from Ipoh for the chocolate lurrve from Ipoh!

Alrighty then. Back to mugging like a crazed student...

*cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail! cannot fail!*

Happy Mid-Week everybody! =)

20 comments:

nase said...

You lucky biatch! Hahahha! That was very sweeeet of him, admirable really. And the strawberry with the choc fudge.....ohhhhhh orgasmic, huh!

p.s. you can do it! Best wishes, dude!

joshua said...

Any Xmas pressies for me too, nase?

lol yeah he is a very sweet guy and we sorta have an exchange programme going on... I send him good books, he sends me well, anything else. LOL

Speaking of orgasms...

.:: Ant ::. said...

Wow! you must have done something right for him to have made such a wonderful gesture. ^_^

+Ant+

AJ v2 said...

hurmmmm....i LUV everything that has chocolate in it =)

very orgasmic indeed~ ;P

Little Prince said...

pork jerky.

Medie007 said...

seen the packet bakkua before. had it for new year this year. VERY SUPER UBER oily. i swear anyone who takes that gets atherosclerosis in no time. except me. :P i have good cholesterol digestive system. muaahahahhahaha.

joshua said...

Anton, I last sent him a postsecret book. That's all. LOL

AJ, lol maybe I will blog about chocolates next!

SLP, except not totally dried up!

Medie, eh the ones I HAVE contain hardly any oil. WHAT IS THIS!!! no QC!!! I need some lard... okay that is bad nutritional advice =(

drownedglass said...

Darling, Singapore's best import to the outside world?

You must be dizzy from too much studying. Or (more likely) having caffeine withdrawal :)

joshua said...

DG, aaahhh yes... MY BAD! Trust you of everybody to be the grammar police!

Amends made... thankwew sifu!

Sam said...

You prove that despite a major breakup - two people can still be amicable friends, better friends even than lovers. :)

He's so sweet to send you a Xmas gift though! :) *jealous jealous* ;)

Spin Doctor said...

Okay, i thought after taking out all the cards and stuffs, theres caked in the box as well.. hahah!

lucky you.

how thoughtful.

PORK! yer.. haram!

!!!!

Nicholas Rashidee said...

I'm so jealous of you I'm so jealous of you I'm so jealous of you LOL..

I'm not in talking terms with my ex, since he was the one who broke up with me. But I can't figure out why he still keeps my friendster in his friends list. Kinda miss him so much.

Janvier said...

Christmas care packages! How delightful!

Oh btw we knows the lecturers are now in a new building and they have no rooms any more, we wonders as Mr David used to have some sort of makeshift postbox (or tells students to slide their assignments under his door) and what happens now...

Oh yes quite random. Don't fail!

Anonymous said...

damn i'm HUNGRY now! lol.

Little Dove said...

What a delicious package! ;p

I'm having my exams as well. Best wishes for your exam.

Anonymous said...

at least got ppls give u present...
like me i buy myself...
check up my x-mas bonanza at my blog lolx...

Anonymous said...

Aww...he's sooooooo sweet! Jealous-nya aku! Hmmph! Well, it's nice that you guys remain friends after the breakup. Some people are best as friends, not lovers.

iruffcookiedough said...

your joshy obviously has something more than what platonic friendship defines a platonic friendship. anyways, he's sweet, i dun even get that =[

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

It really sweet when you Ex sends you Christmas present. That means you are still in his mind…. Sooooo sweet ^_^

Anonymous said...

actually it's thanks to the Diva (narcissist) Princess's mother. and you won't fail lah stupid idiot. we will survive!