Thursday, April 24, 2008

'tis been a long month

This April started with a Bang! Lotsa happenings even during the first week.

I bid farewell to Paperbag Boy, who starting a new life Down South with a clean slate. It was the month of many birthdays and birthday parties. How such seemingly trivial gatherings of friends together can serve so much as to strengthen bonds and camaraderie!

Haha and I guess we all learned how important it is to ensure the restaurant you want your party's food from is OPEN!!! Ahem, we found out that our choice of eateries for one of the parties was under RENOVATION like 6 hours prior. You can imagine chaos right then!

And I sorta cemented closeness with a sorta new addition of my existing "Gang" so to speak. We truly love you! (And I am saying this on behalf of like 80% of us) and I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT and YOUR PACT FOR REVENGE!!! But it is fine. Your secret is safe with me. You are a bad liar, FYI!

Classes were long and really required a lot from me. I have not fallen asleep NOR skipped any classes or lectures yet as of today. Phew! Hopefully I can make this the semester where I am well-behaved and be a good student. *fingers crossed*

I also commenced this module which SHOULD BE CALLED "National Brain-washing Propaganda Programme" but it is not. Thankfully, the lecturer is soooo remarkable and modernistic, so to speak that she actually sold the lessons very well. Mostly due to her unearthing of gossips, dark controversies and generally, extremely politically incorrect statements. She is like the a tolerant version of the American Moore fat-guy. The only topic she covered so far which is actually in the syllabus is "Getting to Know the Natives of East Malaysia!" Haha

This was also the month where many dark secrets were unfold and let out, which till today haunts me a little. Ah how April has taught me to dig deeper when gathering thoughts and opinions; never ever resolving to superficial facts! How amazing it is when such stories emerge from the depths of an undiscovered abyss. Though a shock but a very comforting one at that.

Prom has come and gone. Ah the Panic! has dissolved at quite an astonishing speed. How shopping for the One-Night-Only affair has led to me buying stuffs I will NEVER NEED AGAIN! But hey I learned where to get all those snazzy flea market merchandises on SALE!

The events leading up to Prom Nite itself is very much deserving of SEVERAL blogposts but since I am a lazy blogger, a summary will suffice to vet your appetite for now.

I woke up after sleeping for barely 5 hours, to the sounds of "Happy Tree Friends" (Yes, the person who called me has the personality of characters from said cartoon series!) so as to follow another friend to shop for his clothes for the night. It was like 10 am and 8 hours before the event started. Since said latter friend was an easily-contented male shopper, we were done quite early BUT I... ended up buying more stuffs =( After getting home, we spent waaayyyyy too much time parading in our 'looks' for the night and before we knew it, we were gonna be late for our hair appointment in downtown KL. So reschedule lor.

And OMGKNNCCBWTF we met with this horrendous traffic jam just as we entered Bukit Bintang area. The speed at which we drove was 1m/15min. Grr. Okeh, now about the haircut. I really liked what the guy did for me (though I think he wanted to do a cut similar to having a dead squirrel on my head had my hair been long enough). Unfortunately, my hair isn't really evident in the pictures but I rocked it! I really wished I had the Bernard Chandran-lookalike 'artistic director' though. I got someone who looked like a younger version of Marc Jacobs.

The coolest thing is... people keep on asking if I cut my hair AGAIN cos it looks different everyday. Honestly, I am too un-industrious to spend more than 30 seconds on my hair.

When we were set to leave said mall, IT WAS POURING CATS AND DOGS OUTSIDE. So in a surge of hormonal irregulation, I bought a friggin' expensive umbrella to cross the street of width 5 metres. Changed in the carpark and I guess the securities manning the CCTVs saw everything... and I drove for like 2 minutes, evading the jam and got to the Prom's venue in one piece, dry and dashing. *cough cough*

A point worthy of noting is that the other car my friends were in took 2 hours to get from Pavilion to Sg Wang. LoL

Well nothing much can be said about the event, an evening of camwhoring with everybody and "Hi, darling!" "I love your look, beautiful!" "OMG, you are shimmering tonight!". It was comforting to get some compliments back as well. =) By the end of the night, I was having a little headache and my eyes blurry from all the flashes. The food sucked, but I won't know. I only stayed at my table till the 3rd dish before setting off to take powershots with who's-who at campus.

Hence, I ended up suffering from gastric pains at the end of the night and resorted to McD drive-thru in the wee hours of the morning.

If you have me on facebook, then maybe you can see the pics. There are close to 70 albums!

It was World Book Day yesterday so some of the bookaholics in my gang headed off to BookXcess at Amcorp Mall to get our hands on some cheap buys!!! I manage to control my compulsive book-purchasing disorder and left with 4 only! I think I saw a pink blogger there but I dono, never met the guy before. Other familiar faces spotted were Joanna Bessey and Na'a Murad?

Last random comment: Definitely, Maybe has gotta be the most painful romantic comedy I have ever watched. Definitely, not Maybe. I was wringing in my seat in the whole. OMG When is this gonna end??? Super-confusing plot and Ryan Reynolds isn't even that hawt there.

And... GUESS WHO HAS A BRAND-NEW IPOD TOUCH???

That's me in scrubs.

OMG I AM SO MADLY IN LOVE WITH IT! But not half as much as the sweetheart who bought it for me! (The BF la, duh!)



I love you, dear!

7 comments:

savante said...

Dang. There was opportunity to dish. What do you mean by someone new to the gang and something happened... dang. :P

Kihu said...

HUH... IPOD TOUCH FROM BF!!!!! I need one bf like urs too! Arghhh

Medie007 said...

can you be any longer?! read sampai mati. :P

but hey, april's a miracle no?! hehehehehe

David The Man said...

Wooo... iPod Touch! I so want it! Wish someone nice enough to give this to me as my present.

Sam said...

iPod Touch!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BITCH. :D

Unknown said...

update lei~ >< =p haha

Unknown said...

update lei~ >< =p haha