Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Passion

A very strong word that struck me hard in the head just this past weekend. How a simple word can do wonders to so many people (in this instance, with a common interest)... but unfortunately lacking in many of the young today. An amazing event pulling the heartstrings at all the right places. Yup, a lightbulb moment it was.

Has the 'tak-apa'/nonchalant attitude swept us in an invisible storm? Truthfully, how many of us have really identified our 'passion(s)' and really worked in its direction? Have we lived with passion? For one, I'd cowardly hide my head. Sure, I have many things I feel strongly about but to say that I have made something out of them is a far stretch. Haha, those who know me may realise how short is the attention span of this wretch. For most, going with the flow of the tides appear to be a simpler route and much more secure to, viewing from an outcome-based perspective. Living life to meet expectations; to conform to norms, to undergo birth, ageing, sickness and death. Is death the end? Or merely the beginning of another journey?


Passion. An incredible thing that may actually hint to solving what could be the PENULTIMATE question of all time.

How does my life count?

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "It's not the length of life, but its depth that counts."

That does it for me.


Far greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done here.

Share with me, how do you think you count for something?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog!

Medie007 said...

errr...

tak tau lar...