Friday, March 18, 2011

Prateik Babbar

Thank goodness it's Friday!!!

It's been a relatively good week. Busy as hell. Overloaded with work, particularly case writeups and taking gallons of blood. Oh my poor patients!

Extremely grateful I am out of the Paediatric Wards for this week and the next. Outpatient and Day Care clinics make this department more tolerable for me. Yup, I have officially crossed out Paediatrics as a postgraduate option! NO WAY!!! Was hoping for the week to end sooner nevertheless.

So to kickstart the weekend, a few friends dragged me along to a home-theatre screening of a new blockbuster arthouse (what a paradox!) Hindi movie. Of course I just depended on subtitles...


I can only curse in Hindi. (CODNA TUMM!!!) Well, I can clerk a patient in broken, laugh-worthy Tamil la. But Hindi is a different ballgame. So yeah, the movie, like all art films, was a tad confusing (add that to me being lost in translation!)... kinda made me concentrate more on the chicken masala that was served. Till I saw this guy...


And whoa! Hotness! And I think his primary role is to be the eye-candy and everybody's pot of sympathy. Ah hotness of a slumdog charming gentleman!



If you do watch the movie, you will totally swoon over this guy. His character is such a sweet loveable guy! Add that to many many topless shots of him, him in wet T-shirt and various states of undress.

Otherwise, the movie is okay. Too artsy for a puny brain like mine. Quite freaky, scary and thrilling at times. Fleeting storylines which do more for psychology fans than simple-minded crowds like. Overall, not bad... Apparently it's a relatively accurate portrayal of Mumbai socioeconomic divide.

I must say, the women featured in this film are bound to give some people nightmares. FREAKY ROLES!

But then again, Prateik appears a lot in this film. Do watch this film even it's just for him. It's a validated reason. Or maybe, for Aamir Khan... if you like your men a few years older and some salt 'n pepper sprinkled on top! :P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo... HOT! HOT! HOT! Lol...

Anonymous said...

SEXY INDIAN

Kenny Mah said...

Prateik's definitely not a slumdog... not visually anyway. ;)

Anonymous said...

slumdog??

kanasai said...

salt and pepper .lol, but yummy indeed