Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I have to behave...

... and not party so hard.

Life back in good ol' sunny Penang has been great so far. Never been back for such a long break since forever and now I remember what I have been missing all this while being away.

It's probably sounding a little immature-plus-irresponsible but me, and the few buddies who are still bumming here awaiting our holidays to end, are living it large as we did when we were 17.

Young, carefree, careless and OMG wild.

Surprisingly, we still have a reputation going on (albeit a dying one, seeing that we are dinosaurs by definition in the local youth community) But of course, one can say that this island is so small that it is impossible that people don't know each other.

Honey, so wrong.

In what may seem like an idyllic beach holiday destination to the world, it isn't exactly a bed of roses to grow up in.

Here, you are either somebody OR nobody.

And it ain't easy being in either camp. From what I see, things are getting increasingly malignant. Think Gossip Girl and 90210 but more violent. Less fiction.

But yada yada yada. This can be extrapolated to be like a textbook. More on it next time.

I digress yet again.

I have resolved to not use up all my time being a social moth (cos I ain't nowhere as colourful as a butterfly) and throw those pageant-worthy hi-bye waves with a megawatt-smile more judiciously. Party less, sleep more, save up the ka-ching cash... and hopefully start on a little geeking out and actually study! [cos having too much fun for way too long can actually be kinda tiring and the bad B word]

But then again, I am booked all the way to Chap Goh Meh!

Ah darn, I guess the 'good boy' resolution can wait.


p.s. Hope everybody's having a blast of a wonderful time as well, no matter where you are. Soak in the sun, drink, be merry and stay all the more jolly! =P

13 comments:

JD Cole said...

u're still young lah~

go and bitch around more ;P

Spin Doctor said...

Be whatever boy u wanna be and dont regret at the end.

nase said...

fully booked till chap goh meh, I see.

.:: Ant ::. said...

fully booked till 2010 chap go meh?

+Ant+

Anonymous said...

yer geek freak

HAHAHAHAH

(shit i'm also rotting my brains out -_-)

eh btw sorry din reply your last sms - i havent been fully attached to the world lately HAHA

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

Enjoy life to the fullest and don't get bottled all up. Yeah, like what JD says, go bitch around.

^^WiLLY LaM^^ said...

no sunshine over my place now... pathetic LOL

joshua said...

JD, lol I do bitch, like you can't imagine! lol

Ardo, the only regret I have thus far is that I AM BROKE! and that I should have partied harder when I was younger. Okay sorry, make that two!

Master Nase, aihhh I should really really be studying Harrison's & the Oxford handbooks.

Anton, lol it isn't in my habitual streak to plan soooooo far ahead. Heck, I don't even know what to with my life after 2009 Chap Goh Meh!

barong, aihhh kinda emo we are moving out liao =S

Saintner, I wish I had more money!!! I am half-ashamed to say that I actually crashed some party venues cos my current poverty.

Willy, awww but I am sure your hubby makes everything warm and comfy in spite of the lack of sunshine. Lucky yoU!

Anonymous Blogger said...

i am definitely soaking up the son in california right now. Thanks for the comment! please remind me to link your blog, i am wayyy to sleepy to do it right now. : )

Anonymous said...

Wah... booked all the way till Chap Goh Mei? Popular bloke lah you. So who's the lucky one taking you out for the Chinese Valentines? ;)

Medie007 said...

tsk tsk tsk... boys...

Chris said...

yalor, still young. nevermind..

Jason said...

just have fun! When you're at an older age, you might regret not doing those things that you could have done last time!