Monday, March 16, 2009

Today's a beautiful day to save lives!*

So let's get to it

Alright.


So I have been a resident of Seremban for the past … erm 3 weeks? Can’t say that I know this place all that well just yet. Heck, with my daily routine being home-campus-hospital-district clinic-food-home-comatose!


Haha I find consolation in knowing that mr. drownedglass is here as well, at least on weekdays. =) and there is company to find good food with =)


Yeah yeah. I am guilty of escaping the heat and humidity that is pathognomonic of this rustic dusty town, come the weekend. To where else but KL… where there are people who love me and more people who desire the sacrilegious inferno of my mortal soul.


Ah thank goodness there is such a thing as a SHOPPING! And credit cards…


Anyhoo, yes I am loving clinical rotations. Draining long hours clerking patient after patient, late night calls (for duty, instead of booty), mountainous piles of case reports to write and being reprimanded/scolded/bitched at without mercy. Hmm, not so loving that last bit just yet.


My spirits are still high and all gay. I may appear to be a walking zombie garbed in a white coat at like 7 a.m. but all that changes when I meet my first patient of the day.


Sure, we learn signs and symptoms, differential diagnoses and recommended management plans from all the ward work. That totally rocks!


But what truly keeps me going (and practically beaming) are their life stories and all the random yakkity yak which never cease to amaze me. =P


“..let this be upon my honour and dignity… now I go forth unto my calling…”


P.S. IMHO this post is pure gibberish… I am not having a cogent line of thought right now… cos it's a happy happy happy but long yet uber good day at the outpatient clinic, playing a Family Doctor.


*The inspiring surgical lecturer’s mantra to start his day!


19 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Seremban is just a place to chill out from all your weekend rocking good times in KL, rite?

Have a wonderful week! ^_^
+Ant+

Bernard said...

geez. What is there to shop in Seremban?

And will you treat me for my loveache, doctor??? LOL

Anonymous said...

I am blardy envious. Keep up with the bragging of med school - it's damn motivating. :P

Twilight Man said...

State 9 is peaceful & for long life wannabes! Heard the Frog croaking lately?

Little Dove said...

Nice to see ya blogging again! How many lives did Doc Joshua save today? ^_^

Anonymous said...

late night calls (for duty, instead of booty)
LOL...
be my personal on-call doc will ya? hahaha..
u've been busy with patients....
and me....with events...
lol
but both have the same working principal...
25/7 on-call duty...

Glog said...

So Grey's Anatomy!

JD Cole said...

u go gurl!! ;P

cYiD said...

lol...
so much to look forward to!

Kenji said...

Haha at least you are coping with your new life! And well, though KL has more sparks, there are good things in quiet town too! But of course, have to find them la! xD

Chris said...

I thinnk Seremban also a nice place to stay?

drownedglass said...

Don't know the place well? Already sniffed out all the makan places before me!

Paul Rainbowpluboy said...

Oh a doctor! Nice to meet you. I love doctors because they saved my life before. I must always thank a doctor whenever I see them. A very respectable profession.

savante said...

Glad you're loving it! Don't ever lose that passion :)

Medie007 said...

i hate u J. you know i hate you. :P

Anonymous said...

That's inspiring, your post is. The doc bits, not the makan bits, I mean. (Though the makan bits should ALWAYS be inspiring, says I. Hee.)

joshua said...

Anton, how I wish I can go back and rock KL every weekend!

BK, there's an almost-decent Aeon/Jusco!

S, wait till you see psycho-enthu lecturers!!!

Twilight, unfortunately our paths have yet to cross =(

Little Dove, I am grateful I didn't injure anyone today! Although I made the blunder of asking a 70 year-old auntie, "Are you still married?" HAHAHAHA
*slaps myself*

Nepths, Plan my upcoming bday for me!!!

G-log, I wish.

JD Cole, High 5, gurlfriend!

Cyid, your day will come soon enough!

Kenji, NO TIME TO JALAN2 La!

Chris, it's quiet and slowpaced. Snazzy.

DG, we shall go explore together-gether!

Paul, thanks for the compliments! I am still a student at most!

Savante, I feel disgusted @ myself for being so enthusiastic!

Bong, I love you back! Aww!

Kenny, you are too kind with the praises! *blushes*

Kenji said...

ALWAYS TIME TO MESS AROUND!! Wahahaha! Kidding... but yes, I'm sure you can find the time if you really want to!? :P

Anonymous said...

Your enthusiasm is super infectious and totally inspiring...gives me a spring to my steps when i walk the wards now! I'd say maybe the senior paediatrician was totally taken in by that as well hehe. If he's cute, u should wink back! Aren't paediatricians such a catch, like doc Nase? kekekee. Good luck and luv your attitude!

:) Snazzy Spleen