Sunday, November 09, 2008

One Night Only

Or that was what I thought.

Last Saturday, I was just strolling around the display rooms of the country's IKEA to kill time, when E called. This was after the short cuppa with Mr. Drownedglass...

E, studying fashion design (and history?) in NYC was on transit in KL on his way to a CdG* show in Tokyo. So yeah, somehow he knew I was bored. "Okay, I pop over to IKEA now!"

Wheee...!!!

And it ended up with him MAKING me buy stuffs (Eh your room door very ugly lah! Your curtains too retro lah! Hello, I am just renting a room here! I can't do much to it!) But voila, somehow he was sooo gracious to buy three poster-paintings to pimp my room door!

The Curve seems so foreign nowadays. =( Haven't been there in months, although I spending my weekends in Damansara. Booooo... omg so crowded but the NYC undergrad has much more things to say (albeit not so nice).

As we parted ways to our respective dinner plans (My nephew turned 2!!! and more pervy too! More on this another time), I was overwhelmed with nostalgia and boohoohoo the separation blues from friend (15 years and counting!) and he turned, said "Stay tuned, darling! *WHAT?*

Later post-porky-birthday-dinner, E called, "Halloween party. Private. Go get dressed up! We will get p*ssed drunk" No prizes for guessing what I went as, under such short notice and circumstances. Some local celebrities spotted, like whatever, and the bungalow-mansion-palace venue is like sooo huge! (reminds me of a certain mall in Bandung) I thought twice on whether I should 'go wild' but heck, it's been so long since such parties since my notorious days in Penang & Singapore!

"One night only!"

Good fun, lotsa booze, new friends, dirty dancing, good ventilation, no chem!

And 9am the next day, I was dragged outta bed to accompany E and other old friends to go people-watching at the city twin torchlight towers! And ah, it was already flooded with people at barely an hour later. E and K, especially were not gracious with their comments on the majority's dress sense. Oh my.

Whatever happened to one night only?

I did my duty to generate the country's retail sector. There goes my allowance (and card limit) for November. Whoever runs Godiva in Malaysia would be ecstatically pleased. Speaking of which, they ran out of stock for CHOCOLIXIR!!! Pure blasphemy. It still didn't stop the gang from spending 4digits!

That marked the beginning of a full day of mall-hopping around this Valley. Phew! We spent close to RM50 on parking!

Okay, in retrospect, it might not have been so out-of-the-norm or headlines-worthy. But boy, it's been so long poor little joshy played like this. Ah back to the routine now!

And interspersed through this past week, random birthday celebrations, MORE booze and more getting-to-know-new-people? Under the influence, of coz.

Still having a hangover from all the clubhopping last night. And dehydrated.


P.S. I never thought an emo song can actually turn out to be a great dance track!

8 comments:

AJ v2 said...

owh!! what a fabulous nite life you have :)

wish i'm that young to go club hopping like i used to...

nase said...

Yeah, such distant memories to me but thanks for making me living through it yet again. After all the fun part, the worst is the hangover, eh.

I still remember I had a really bad hangover and vomited in the bathroom. Any sane person would just go back to their room and lie down. But not me, just like Bree, albeit with a massive headache and unsteady gait, I dropped down on my knees and began washing up the mess!

Rae P said...

joshie....

hmmm...i thought ive already made a comment like ages ago, but somehow, its not registered here?

anyhoooooo.....

i'm intrigued with the particular emo song, which can double as a dance track xD

and p/s to nase: no wonder you identify with Bree xD

Ian said...

now i figure it out who you are ;)are u still using the penang line number?

joshua said...

aj, haha unfortunately, I don't get to have this kinda fun as often as I'd like :S

nase, Ooo I think I am Bree too. Sometimes I lose control and start wiping things around. Without the need to be drunk first.

raeshad, ahhh sometimes blogger screws us up, just like life! haha

needless to say, Nelly has a role in this song.

Ian, yup I am from Penang. But how do you have my number? Cheers. Wrong josh maybe?

savante said...

Put up the door posters!

Unknown said...

Godiva.... *drools*

save some for me!

Medie007 said...

wah.. so nicey.. :D