Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ties! Ties! Ties!

If by any chance, anybody has ventured into my room and peeked into my wardrobe (which is comparatively gargantuan for a guy), will realise that I am crazy about ties.

Neckties. The amount I have may shock some and disappoint others.

I have all sorts, methinks. The thin ones, the straps, the broad ends, 'novelty' ties, paisleys especially.

And in Uni, me is known as the "Guy with the Fancy Ties". Gosh, how I love the compliments! *blushes*

I love the attention. Yes yes, spank me! =P

Getting a tie nicely wrapped up, in a giftbox is a pretty common occurrence when my birthday arrives. My friends know me well enough to know that I will be easily contented with a funky tie (a decent one, at least) *wink wink*

Probably my Better Half has experienced umpteen occasions of borderline poverty, many thanks to my fanaticism with ties. My bad, my bad. But he gets rewarded too.

It is sorta a necessity in the so-called Professional Dress Code - that's what the varsity administration is trying to brainwash us with. Blablabla boolsheet about upkeeping the image of healthcare professionals and imposing disciplinary actions whenever someone gets caught attired otherwise.

Obviously, they did not consider the risks of wearing a necktie as argument for discontinuing it. Those cited include entanglement, infection, and vasoconstriction.

"Neckties might also be a health risk for persons other than the wearer. They are believed to be major vectors in disease transmission in hospitals. Notwithstanding such fears, doctors and dentists wear neckties for a professional image. Hospitals take seriously the cross-infection of patients by doctors wearing infected neckties, because neckties are less frequently cleaned than most other clothes. On 17 September 2007, British hospitals published rules banning neckties."
Wikipedia, Nurkin, Steven; Carl Urban, Ed Mangini, Norielle Mariano, Louise Grenner, James Maurer, Edmond Sabo, James Rahal (May 2004). ""Is the Clinicians' Necktie a Potential Fomite for Hospital Acquired Infections?"". Paper presented at the 104th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology May 23–May 27 2004, New Orleans, Louisiana: p. 204.


I kinda like wearing neckties (with the whole formal look) and it is an opportunity for me to display my metro side and impeccable fashion sense right? But enforcing it so strictly (in my university's case) is harsh. Pro-choice, anyone?


Anyways, I have been straying away from the true reason of my post today!

Joshy is wondering: DOES ANYONE ACCESSORISE NECKTIES?


Well I DO! LoL, at times too enthusiastically but the pictures below is merely a glimpse into how mad I can go with pimping up my ties - along with the look-of-the-day! [hey, I am a fag afterall!]



I was called everything from 'Harry Potter' to an Entomologist (with a whole garden and insects on my tie) and a Cute Nerd? Haha

Reckon this is my way of being individualistic and standing out in the crowd.

This is real, this is me
I'm dressed exactly how I'm supposed to be now
Let the light shine on me
Since this is who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I wanna be
This is me.

I joke.

Yours truly is actually pretty introverted and shy and very muchie the stereotypical Asian Boy.



Addendum: OMG my apartment block just lost water supply for like 3 hours and NOW IT IS BACK, BABY!!! I am gonna appreciate it waaayyy now...

27 comments:

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

I dont wear ties but I bet you look gloorious in them. Also I'm in love with your scissors and lightining tie pin (clip?). Very Harry Potter. Very geek chic.

I like.

Unknown said...

... so many tie.. i like ur simpsons one! i wont wear it la, more like a collectors item! i like ur lightning tie pin also!

send em over!!! =) mauhahahaha

go bathe la u-.-

J.L said...

thats a lot of tie.

Those pin look great with the tie :p

Alice said...

Omg theyre like so kewt! i love polka dots as well, and ofocurse the conventional slim vertical b/w lines.. very nice indeed..

Anonymous said...

Man, oh man. That's A LOT of ties. Egads. Suddenly, I've got a craving for some polka-dotty ones and I hardly even wear ties! :P

AJ v2 said...

wow~

even for a person who's working (like me) dun hv that much of ties...

but then again, my boss is not strict on those rules....as long as i wear formal shirts & look stunningly fabulous...it's gud enough for him =)

ikanbilis said...

that fluorescent and Homer are cute but I prefer the brown above all because it looks smart.

Ohmegeez, I'm so into Preppy look nowadays with the overpopulating Emos in college.

you have seen me in Freedom Film Fest, I was there from the Nyah movie on Saturday Night to the Queer Cinema to the Biyut and the entire Sunday shows. LoL. You have seen me, if you were there and its just that I wouldn't know who you were because I do not know how you look like. Hit me on Facebook!

nase said...

Well then you shouldn't be hard to be missed or recognised when you come to my hospital for training, eh *wink*
Me luv geeky nerds btw...*blushed*

nase said...

Drat! You should be easy to be recognised was what I meant. And not forgetting that Vicki Pollard blabber is another give away and that "I'm the only gay in this village" attitude too. woohoo!

Anonymous said...

eh the thing on the red-striped tie very ugly

but i like the dragonfly combination and the scissors combination and the cicada combination and the harry potter combination

where is the uber expensive padini tie?!!?!?!?!?

grr.

joshua said...

the Constantly Dramatic One, thanks sooo much, I bet you can pull up some smashing looks with ties!!! Try it!

Aaron, lol Haha we can go tie-shopping together-gether when you come back next!!!

Chester, thanks...

Leo, lol don't you think their owner is much cuter?

Kenny, GO GO GO!!! pull off some great looks with ties and blog about them!

AJ, lucky you! My university is such a b*tch when it comes to dresscodes (for the guys esp)

Azhan, I bet Preppy is your sort of thing, although the weather here is ugh so humid!

Nase, Awww then I MUST go to YOUR hospital for training and await other privileges right?

Barong, YOU of all people should know I am an outstanding fashionista!

FYI, those aren't tie-pins per se. Random knick-knacks I found here and there. Brooches, Keychainy things. I just decided to pimp my ties with them. Woohoo! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES IT?

ANd my tie collection is approximately 6 times (the number of ties displayed in the current post)

Toodles, OFF to watch the FIRST SCREENING OF THE TWILIGHT MOVIE IN THIS COUNTRY! And I have an 8am lecture tomorrow!

Happy Mid-Week! =)

foongpc said...

I'm not a tie wearing person, and I even think tie is such a weird thing to put on. What is a tie really but just a piece of clothing that you tie around the neck? But it does look nice as an accessory. Looks like you a fan of ties : )

savante said...

Have tons of ties as well. Maybe it's a gay doctor thing :P But I admit I've gotten more conservative in my choices the older I get. Sigh.

Medie007 said...

ooooooooo
me lovey me ties too
but me so never gonna accessirize me tie like tat
wonder when me need to send me ties to dry cleaning...

Janvier said...

Paisley?! Nooooo!

We love our skinny baby ties!

.:: Ant ::. said...

That makes the 2 of us.... simply love them. Do you match ties with your moods? ^_^

+Ant+

Rae P said...

ohhhhh.....

actually i'm all the way for NO TIES please xD

kinda hate them strangling on my neck....

but, i do love wearing them on occasions.....

JC said...

where you find all those pins?

joshua said...

foongpc, yup ties can be a sign of confirming... but I just take it as another opportunity to put on another item as a part of my vast accessories.

Paul, I think it's a gay doctor thing!!! Haha I hope I stay quirky with my tie selections. I use the cartoon-y cutesy ones for Paeds posting!

Medie007, FOMITE FOMITE FOMITE!!!

Janvier, haha what's wrong with paisley? Unfortunately some skinny ties make me look ridiculously fat!

Anton, I definitely pick my ties according to my mood and also the shirt I am loving for the day.

Raeshad, yes some ppl have died bcos they wore ties! haha

JC, Haha accessory shops? some are from brands like Topman, Banana Republic!

Anonymous said...

ive bought a tie only once and the rest were all gifts (maybe 8 of them), and i only wear 2 over and over again. its not like an underwear you have to change everyday, rite?.. hmmm looks like i have so much to learn from u on this one.. :D

Fable Frog said...

whoaaaaaaaaaaaa~!!! that sleepy homer simpson one is totally wicked! me salute ya'! i love ties too but hate wearing them!

William said...

My ties have been neglected. Like forgotten concubines. :P

Anonymous said...

lol.....
i only have 5 ties now..
without accessories on it...
XD

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

Aiyoh... you accessorize your ties! I think I have got a tie with South Park characters on it! Nice!

Nicholas Rashidee said...

Same here same here! But I don't really accessorize my neck ties.. Bow to Lord Joshua.. LOL

I have two plain white, two plain black, one purple with small yellow designs, one with pink white stripes, one white with baby blue and pink designs (my fav), one silver, one baby blue stripes, one black with white and yellow stripes. Also in the list, four Uni ties (one pink, one gold, one dark blue and one royal blue), one crazy orange, one with strange design of money and coins (my mom bought it?), one UKM tie, one UITM tie, and one blue-brown tie i got for my birthday.

oh, and two bow ties.

we can make a club! though i only have ONE tie clip. sigh. need to shop for tie clips and scufflings for this xmas.

Little Dove said...

Awesome collection!

Twilight Man said...

I have a large collection of ties but are now forgotten too like William's concubines. I saw a tie garage sale in London and they worked so well.