Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bottom Top @ KLPac

Poster picture (from KLPac website)


Woohoooo!!! I went to catch this 'phenomenal' play on Thursday - its Opening Night! The seats were practically overfilling!

I have a feeling that the audience mostly consisted of gay guys (with family and friends) or the family and friends of the people behind this ingenious work of theatre! Notwithstanding, were the shrieking QUEENS behind us with their highpitched reflexes to anything humourously homo.

"When I heard about the play, immediately I thought of YOU and YOUR MUM!"
- Faghag

I went with a faghag (sorta, almost; cos she'd really hate being referred to a hag). I think she was more excited than moi. While waiting at the cafe, little gay meself finetuned her gaydar as per request.


So on with the story.

Dato' Faridah Merican (who makes her much-awaited return to the stage) plays Bertha, a middle-aged woman preparing for her wedding with her late-20s gay son, Melvin carried effortlessly & wonderfully by Mark Beau de Silva [pretty twinky ;P], who is also the playwright.

Yup, just two characters played by two immensely talented powerhouses of Malaysian theatre.



As mother and son chit chat about their respective romantic histories and compare men, one cannot help but to be immersed into the conversations.

Bertha suggests potential guys for Melvin to bring to the wedding dinner at Overseas Restaurant. While the latter shares and educates his lovely mother on the intricacies of being "different" - how things aren't as simple as it may seem.

Saunas. Parks (not for picnic obviously *winks*) Picking up guys.

Bottom or Top?

Many moments of top-notch humour got everyone bawling with laughter. I am pretty sure I heard somebody snort too! LoL

"Hormones drop. Tetek also drop"

Bravo! Brilliant!

Me and Faghag then scurried off to Imbi after the show ended for a very much late dinner and stuffed ourselves silly. Now, tummy also drop.

We are now fat. =(


Visit the KLPac Website for more info on this play! Some publicity press releases are available there too!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

go Klpack to ajak me..lol

J.L said...

sounds great :)

Alice said...

Nice. . .

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

Whey! Plays! I am sure to love it. What's more if it is musical. But Alas, I will miss Mamma Mia this December, because I am going overseas to work.

Anonymous said...

You fat? Are you kidding? Lol... You always look fabulous, cutie! Hehehe...

Ameer Zachery said...

u also go to the show... totally hillarious right? I can't stop laughing when watching it... :D

nase said...

Yeah I do fancy Faridah Merican's work and Mark, darn, what else can I say, he's a real sweetie and great writer.

AJ v2 said...

hurmmm....i went to see tha play on sat 29...if i were to go on it's first day...we sure will bump with each other ;)

kudos to the team!! a very entertaining play =)

p/s: i think i'd be a better Malvin than Mark ;P vomiting

joshua said...

Prince, next time you ajak i lah pulak?

Chester, Leo, it was fanta-bulous!

Sinner, aww, KL will be missing you too. Wear a thicker coat alright?

Calvin, you are making me blush!

Ameer, I was watching intently and trying to control myself as to not laugh too hard and puke out my snack! LoL

Nase, first name basis now? Sounds like you are really tight with them. But yeah, bursting overflowing talent, they are!


AJ, I bet you are... much cuter too right?