Thursday, January 27, 2011

How My Heart Behaves

We promised each other to let go.

The distance. The time. Our personal histories. All were part of a recipe for disaster.

Somehow we linger. Still linger in each other's lives.

I told myself that I will never attempt a long-distance relationship ever again. No repeat scar, thankyouverymuch.

For a little while, I thought I would be alone for the longest time. And then you came into my life.

And I was changed for good.

How fate drives us topsy-turvy and in no time at all, you were leaving on a jetplane to somewhere several time zones away. Who was I to hold you from your dreams? :(

I told myself. It's not meant to be. Just stay friends.

Funny how my heart behaves.

I still await your late night phone calls as we talk about our days and bitch about people around us. How you make me laugh (and you singing to me).....

Oh maybe you've got me addicted. It's almost like you were still here, holding me to sleep.


I thought I was moving on. Just me, myself and I.

Funny how my heart behaves.

You got it all afluttered again. When you uttered those 3 words, 8 letters.

And I am tipped off balanced.

No comments: