Friday, February 11, 2011

242: 10 Random Joshy Facts

Hello Blog! Hello people-who-are-actually-reading-this-blog (you guys are awesome-possum!)

I have just awaken from my post-exam coma! Wootz. Awesome to able to get some quality afternoon naps (temporarily, cos the next and last paper is in 6 days' time). Today's paper was manageable. Initially, I thought I nailed it. Then, I realised 'walaaoooeh, so many silly mistakes!' So yeah, now hoping for the best I guess! :) So close to graduating!

Firstly, today's date in some numerical arrangement is 11022011! Whoa! Cool? A bit la, right?

I donno why. But this morning, as I was trying to fall asleep, I starting thinking of random facts about myself. Err. [(And I can function on very little sleep!) I have no idea what triggered that train of mind. Ah well I am here now, documenting this random quirky brainwave activity down and postponing studying.

So here are 10 random facts about the guy whose blog you're reading [in no particular order of importance]:

1. I am an only child.
Cool? Fun? Spoiled beyond comprehension? THINK AGAIN! My family's rather typical hence I had a typical childhood growing up and I think they have nothing short of amazing. Dad's always been no nonsense, and his famous line was "Second best is never an option." Something I hold close to my heart these days, but I'm taking it along the lines of 'Do your best!', though it was clear he meant something far from that.

Ah ha, you know? This puzzled me for the longest time: Whenever people asked my parents why didn't they try for another child. Their answer (automatic at times) would be, "Oh cos we learn from our mistakes!" Good laugh? :|


2. I never planned to pursue Medicine.
More or else, I kinda figured out I wanted to do something closely to Chemistry cos I totally fell in love with the subject. Top it up with an inspiring teacher (in college) who was more like a big sister totally revved me up. Once, I wanted to be some chemical engineer who moonlights as a indie rockstar. But I guess life is a rollercoaster ride that always throw surprises at you. I am happy now though - now I can't imagine doing anything else, okay maybe I still harbour those rockstar fantasies! :P


3. I was the President of the Student Council. In highschool, college and clinical school.
Yup 3 times! Guess it shows how much of a power-hungry control freak I am? Haha I totally have no intention of being a politician. (Ptuiiii!) I just wanted to bring some positive change to the campus(es). And yeah, to entertain my world-dominating imaginations too. Sikit-sikit lah.


4. I was am a cheerleader in medschool.
You can take the boy out of cheerleading, but you can never take the cheerleader out of the boy! Haha yeah I love it lots! And hey, we were the competitive type ok. I am usually the base, lifting up the dainty petite girls into crazy high formations. But for a routine, I was the flyer (cos of my height I guess)! Needless to say my change in roles didn't last long. Compare joshy to a typical 40+kg girl? Surely easier to lift the chick! Shucks, we never did really live up to the b*tchy part though! EVEN AFTER WINNING THE GOLD MEDAL! See we are nice Cheerios!


5. I am pretty flexible.
Oops! Did it mislead you? I mean I am quite bendy. Err I mean I am trained in yoga & pilates. Yes yes. That's what I meant. But yeah you can catch me in compromising, err I mean contorted positions. Again, I love it to bits! Need to lose weight and be hottie joshy yo!


6. I am a pathological bookbuyer. [NON-MEDICAL BOOKS!]
I syok syok I see a nice book cover then I will buy it, off the shelf, just like that! Haha surely I will flip to the back and look at the synopsis, flip and read a few pages off first. But seriously, I am super compulsive at bookbuying, gosh! For the past 4 years, I have bought close to 200 books but only found the time to read like what? 50 from that amount? Due to my quickly expanding book collection, I am purchasing more and more bookshelves (from Ikea nonetheless). AND I AM STILL BUYING BOOKS! I think I might just have some sort of unlisted psychiatric disorder :(


7. I had dyslexia in childhood.
Literally the letters and numbers rearrange themselves as they fancy. They move around and do cuckoo shit. So yeah, everybody thought I was retarded until much later when I was clinically assessed to have a learning disability. But hey, I MADE IT TO MED SCHOOL, and am almost done with it! Phew!


8. I have >90 ties in my wardrobe.
Frankly, I am against physicians wearing neckties. SOURCE OF NOSOCOMIAL INFECTION YO! This has been proven time and time again in countless medical studies. And heck, many other countries have actually forbidden/discouraged more like it their doctors to wear ties! Even Singapore I think! But here, due to some bureaucracy, we are bound by its rules. On another note, yeah I am obsessive-compulsive when it comes to my ties. Buy them superduper impulsively. Bad for my pocket! Obsessive cos I need to coordinate what I wear the night before, EVERY WORKDAY! Tie must match shirt, both must match socks. Which shoe to wear? Haha


9. I was also voted Himbo of the Class. For the past 3 years!
Hey! I take it as a compliment okay? Himbo = dress well! HAHA! But seriously my mouth is pretty laser and no holds barred especially if you're working with me! Joshy = Bitchy. No bitchy Joshy = Mati Joshy.

Sadly though, I get complimented more often on my clothes than my competence. :|


10. I don't boil my own drinking water.
Cos the tap water quality in this housing estate is questionable! Not bluffing here! Oh how I miss the totallysweetrefreshingtapwaterfromtheScottishHighlands! So yeah now I resort to bottled Spritzer/Dasani/Tesco water. Another reason I am happy to leave this town for good in 2 weeks time, provided that I pass this exams lah!

Aite you guyz! Gotta hop off to dinner with my classmates and then to groupstudy! Next week's last paper is a huge gargantuan MUSTPASSORDIE kinda thingamajig. So some anxiety and panic is in order.

Hmm should I tag people for this random post of mine?

Haha I will take a blind shot and just list the last 4 readers who commented already?

1. Calvin of Strictly Gay
2. Medie of Medielicious
3. Vin of What Lurks Beneath
4. Tuls of I was a TULS

No obligations y'all! And yeah, HAVE A FANTABULOUS WEEKEND ALRIGHT? I have mine all lined up (with La Famiglia of course!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm an avid reader too and will buy books faster than I read. But I'm not as compulsive as you buying from nice cover. Hahahaha!!!

So what books do you read most? Fiction? Non-fiction? Novels, biographies, memoirs, etc?

And thanks for the tag. Gosh! Random facts ah? That's difficult! Hehehe... but I'll post it, don't worry.

Vincent~ said...

ties... 90 of them? O_o how u manage to find space to accomodate all!!!

and i am an avid book buyer too lolx, but barely find time to read them grr.... and then its so cheap here!!

Medie007 said...

i have nipple pain post running. can? :P

now... going up to ovid looking for something like post-exercise nipple tenderness. hmmm... or i think i should write it up and send to BMJ or Lancet. LMAO.

joshua said...

@calvin: aww thanks. haha i read everything lah. cookbooks (more like a guide), fiction anything really you name it. i am now reading Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood. really stuck in the middle cos of the exams lor.

@vincent: haha I have several tie racks :) and eh DON'T SHOW OFF OK? I will be back in Scotland this fall!

@medie: whaaaaatttt? ish ish

savante said...

Why ban ties? Ties are pretty! And we need more nosocomial infection to run the ICUs hahahahaha.

Janvier said...

90 ties! You make us look so straight.

J said...

You should try taking up dance (ballet or any for of Indian classical dance) because flexible people make great dancers...