Thursday, February 24, 2011

home is where is the heart is

ah the sweet bliss of being home. a real home.

my hometown. with familiar faces. and slower paces.

[oh yeah, apparently, this tropical sunny island i call home is #8 on some list of Ten Islands You Must See Before You Die. #8? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WE DEMAND A HIGHER RANK!] so yeah, feel free to visit when i am around k? :P

of all the chaos and madness that the past year has been; within my medschool life and out...

it's totally awesome to be home. mummy's homecooked goodies. Penang's classic famed hawker food. the comfort of the same bed and other random furniture that i have grew up with.

THIS IS HOME.


*although technically the home is going under another major renovation due to Mummy's obsessive-compulsive tendencies... haha

there is this sense of belonging. of how some things never change (like some hawker uncles/aunties who have seen me grow since my toddler days) and of how some bonds just remain the same... :) of how home is always gonna be there for me; my haven, my refuge.

I do miss The Valley... and the metropolitan life. A tiny bitsy bit. But life @ home is amazing! And joshy is a happy boi :)

Back there soon, and headed down south for a short stint. And then I will be done with med school~!

Till then, I am off to pre-dinner snacks with Mummy and her sisters and then to a reunion dinner with my band of brothas! :)

Have a good weekend everybody! :) Wishing you a lot of fabulosity and love through it all!


how freaky is it that my ipod shuffled to this song as i was crossing the bridge? lol

5 comments:

Medie007 said...

that's really ur house? @.@ so de highclazzz....

J said...

Medie007, was just about to ask the same...

joshua said...

super duper kolot more like it! :P haha yeah lo my house... looks good meh? but obviously you can see that its under construction!

J said...

Looks good!!! Never would've guessed that it was under construction...

J said...

Looks good!!! Never would've guessed that it was under construction...