Monday, January 21, 2008

Ah! Lazy Sin-day

Yeah I woke up just right before lunch with ws.

SMS rang as I entered the elevator on the way down.

"Hurry up. Hungry d."

Yes, I am coming la dude...

*fumbling with the silly maroon paperbag containing two sinful cupcakes and a DVD containing half a season of Gossip Girl*

So we headed over to MACAU CHAN KONG KEI DUCK RICE RESTAURANT... in Sri Petaling...

MAKANNNNN!!!! As we indulged on sinful Roasted Black Pepper Duck and Roast Pork and do the usual catching up bits that friends do. Yes, no bitching this time.

-SORRY NO PICTURES OF THE FOOD-

So I went home on the notion I wanted to catch up on my studying schedule - I AM 4 DAYS BEHIND ALREADY LA... save me OMG! I read like 2 lectures and fell to sleep [Such a Sloth!]

Woke up right before dinner. 5 gila people drove all the way from Bukit Jalil to Bukit Bintang for...

THE MAGNIFICENT FISH AND CHIPS

Read about this place from some food blog la. And OMG I have been craving for it for the whole past 2 weeks.

CAN DIE MAN.

And it's worth every word of the hype it has received.


The first impression I got was... This is SOOOOO FINNEGAN'S the Irish bar. Yeah... mini Ireland-England-Scotland reinvented or something.

*WHAT'S a BATTERED SAUSAGE???" sounds painful!

Then as we were seated, the waitress (Pinoy or Siamese, I dono!) said, "You can have a look at the menu...THERE!!!" *points at the blackboard*

I was like, "So smart. When they change the menu, no need reprint. Just rub off and WRITE AGAIN!"

Yes, I have seen this elsewhere before. What? You think I am from that town called Malang?

The place is called THE MAGNIFICENT FISH & CHIPS anyway...

I had the Barramundi. While the friends had well, barramundi, dory and steak n kidney pie.

Choices available are dory, barramundi, salmon, cod, trout etc etc...


DAMN GOOD CHIPS AND BATTER LA!!! Definitely best fish 'n chips in the valley.

You have your right to your own opinion and this is MINE!

But memang pricey la.

With my side order of mushy peas and Malibu Pineapple - RM51 inclusive of tax.


In short, I am not a flogger <- OMG THAT SOUNDS SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!
So in my own style... I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE IF YOU:

1. LOVE EATING SEAFOOD (esp. FISH) just like me... OR
2. Like looking at Caucasians while eating OR
3. Enjoy super authentic British style of dining.

Now... if only it was easier to find parking.

This place if next to Baan26, on Changkat Bukit Bintang... I bet most of you know this place huh? Hehe... right opposite Frangipani...

Speaking of which...

S: Eh you want us to leave you at Frangipani? YOURRRRR kinda PLACE Whaaattt!
Me: I never been inside also la.
S: But YOU GAY!!!

So I gave her the ever glamourous Kimora Lee Simmons WTF-look.

But all is well. She is not such a bimbo lah. She was a bit mabuk. We later headed home... to continue studying!


After a long-kinda-unproductive-yet-sinful day [Yeah, I committed like 5 deadly sins, minus Lust cos the BF is not here and I am very well behaved and ... Envy cos I was exuding Fabulosity today] I took a snap outta random of myself...

Evidently, MORE Olympic Lift is needed! Grr <-Wrath this is.

7 comments:

savante said...

I need a shot lower down. And unbuckled as well :P

Anonymous said...

Mmm...nice shot! Love your biceps. Can I hug you? Or the other way also can. Hehehe...

I love Fish and Chips too. Every food outlet in Klang Valley is known to be pricey but if the environment, food quality and service is up to the standard, then I'm sure many won't mind the price for it, right?

Seems like the place is kinda small inside. Must I book a table if I take my whole family there? Will it be packed on weekends/public holidays? Is it open on public holidays?

Anonymous said...

By the way, did you receive my email? I sent to your gmail address shown in your blog. I wonder you got it yet.

Since you like to read, I have invited you to join my new blog titled STRICTLY READING as a co-author with other bloggers who are bookwhores like you and me. Hehehe...

The blog is for us to post our review on books each time we finished reading one. That way, we can know what's good to read and what's new in the market. Cos everyone's taste is different and if it's the same, we can then discuss more about the plot.

So please check your email.

Medie007 said...

oh.
my.
god.

51! u beat me to death pun i takkan go to that shop. wakakakaka... despite the angmoh and british style and seafood, 51! no no no... :P

joshua said...

savante, I am SURE you won't like the view so far down.

calvin, me is fat lah. That pic is just a reminder that I should find time to workout more and be hotter hopefully. Haha

Yeah, but being on a student budget, cannot always eat at places like that lah. Mamak/Kopitiam will be healthier for my pocket.

The restaurant IS kinda small... The interior of the restaurant on the ground floor is mostly occupied by the bar and the kitchen... only space for like 4-5 tables inside.

Think there is a full length space on the top floor. My friends and I had a table outside, open air. I don't think there's a huge crowd la, I mean, there are customers but always seem to have seats available, unless your family = 10 people.

And honey, I have blogged there liao. GO READ!

Bongschmong, once in a while only lah. Me n friends desperate to destress haha

drownedglass said...

OMG? There was no bitching?

And just when I thought I had made it cos all my frens had been telling me how bitchy I am these days.

Damn.

Fable Frog said...

did you notice the original entrance on the right side of magnificent fish & chip?? it's the original entrance with carved chinese words~ i think it is kinda cool~ to maintain a certain nostalgic part of the building~ :D