Saturday, December 04, 2010

Some Quiet Time Alone

This is a mad world we're living in.

It's easy to get caught up in the routine, schedules and crazy things that would whine a person up. Lost, submerged in it all. Where we'd go blind to things really important to us.

With the final exams just around the corner, yeah miraculously scheduled during a major cultural celebrations (screw you med school!), i can't help but be swallowed by it all. Just living day-to-day wishing weekends come by quickly. Certainly, it's a piece of cake for a major skiver like me!

Getting pissed drunk on a week day night like I did just 2 nights ago. Then going to church (well somewhat, it was a Christmas musical with sermons sandwiched in between) the very next evening. And coming home to a huge dried laundry lying haphazardly in my room.

Got me to realising, my life is pure chaos.

Which was why I went into a recluse mode today and shut everybody out (for a day at least) and no, Facebook didn't count (but I did go offline!)

Just me, my cosy bed, awesome (litres of) coffee and a good book.

No social commitments. No chores. (Ah, they can wait!) Nothing medically-related.

Me, myself and I.



........ Well until Noah came and dragged me out to play with fireworks (I have a bad feeling this was inspired by Mrs. Russel Brand!)





I still have no idea what we were celebrating?

3 comments:

savante said...

Celebrating the beginning of December!

Legolas said...

I heard fireworks too. What exactly was going on?

Gratitude said...

My mood for Christmas has begun. Wld have loved letting off the fireworks.
+Ant+