Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I blame the coffee

So since I have been bitten by the blogging bug yet again, the epinephrine flowing within my veins is propelling me to post another journal, albeit insignificant.

As some of you may know, I recently joined a gym (located like, seriously far away from my home). And to the dismay of some, I have turned into what they call a ‘gym bunny’, or the less nice version, a ‘gym freak’.

I tend to get bored easily. And seriously, after a month, I got sick of playing with all the cardio machines and still not tough enough to mess around the free weights section like the old maestros with bulging muscles all over. Disclaimer: I never wanted to (nor have I ever believed that I could) turn into a muscular hunk.

Then, one of the marketing executives of the gym, who I have sort of befriended, asked me to accompany him to attend a BodyAttack class. It is one of the Les Mills Body Training Systems. Practically, all those LM classes just aim to burn calories and increases strength accompanied by ‘fun’ music. Aerobics, you say? No. Aerobics are so 1980s. This is the new age group exercise classes, taking the world over. Quoted from the Les Mills marketing blablabla.

Anyways, that was 3 months ago. I started getting hooked with BodyAttack. And then a while longer before I untied my guts to try out BodyCombat. Then came BodyStep and BodyPump. The promotion of getting a free bottle of 100 Plus Aqtiv after each class got me to try BodyBalance. Later, JH dragged me into trying RPM (cycling programme) during the recent one day break. They are seriously 'fun'. Thus, I am now officially hooked to all of the programmes. Darn. Except BodyJam.

I did BodyPump, then BodyStep and 10 minutes of BodyCombat last night. To vent my frustration and stress for the day. And upon waking up this morning, I found my tummy bulging. One would have imagined this will not happen since I have been actively ‘burning fat’. So, I just thought of what I had eaten.

Coffee, Hello Panda biscuits, Economy Rice with Tofu, Broccoli and Soy Sauce Pork (never said I am a halal-vore), Peanut Soup, Coffee, 100 Plus, OJ, Chicken, Lamb and Pork Combo Meal, Chocolate Pudding, Coffee, Wantan Mee with extra Wantan, Nyonya Kuih, Coffee, Chocolate-Coffee Pastry.

All in merely ONE DAY!!!

I blame the coffee.

P.S. Song recommendation:
Joanna Zimmer - I Believe (Give A Little Bit)

5 comments:

Will said...

Whyever not Bodyjam? it's the mostest funnest of them all.

I'm getting hooked on Attack too. But I can only tahan like, 4 tracks then I collapse on the couches outside and ogle the ppl around.

BTW you're 19. You can't be 19 AND join the gym. It's illegal to be young AND physically fit. Don't you know!? You can only choose one or the other! Call the polis then u know.

P/S welcome to the blogosphere

Derek said...

Hi there

Yeah, welcome to blogsphere. I think you're one of the youngest ones that I know of.

Keep up the blogging! Hopefully, you won't get bored of it so soon.

Cheers.

savante said...

Blog Blog Blog! Glad to see another guy hooked! Will certainly drop by again.

Will, you're right. He's young and in the gym! Damn.

Paul

joshua said...

Aiyo, you all like make fun of my age like that. Hmph! I'd very much prefer to be affiliated with the adjective "hotness" than merely "young".

Gym seems like a refuge from boredom. I tutor/lecture (for a mere 4 days per week), you can imagine the amount time of inactivity I find myself in. No gym, I shall rot at home and gain more fat mass. Haha. Teachers have no life, well, save for married ones; who keep on trying to get maternity leave.

Ah, and I feel so glad I have actual people dropping by my blog. Like Welcome to the Whimsical Wonderland of Blogosphere uh? Thanks. For dropping by and commenting. You people are like my idols (in the sense of blogging). Old kaki-s lah katakan.

And I just did BodyJam today. Ouch.

Will said...

i SO object to the word OLD kaki. You're henceforth banned from saying that word in my (virutal) presence.

How's Bodyjam? You do in Penang one issit? People there can dance meh?
*snicker*