Friday, April 21, 2006

My Visit to the Dentist (and other stories)

Thursday morning at 10.00a.m., I found myself at my friendly neighbourhood Dental Surgery Clinic. Actually it was about 10km from where my home is and I have a pretty fancy dental clinic like 500m away but that's totally irrelevant. This fella has been drilling, extracting and polishing my teeth (not forgetting smelling my breath) since like 15 years ago. Yeah, we go all the way back! I remember calling him “Dentist Ko-Ko” back then. The receptionist a.k.a. Dentist’s Big Sister told me I’m only 30 minutes away from my turn although I saw like 8 people sitting on the couch, waiting. I got no bangku to rest my lazy ass on also.

Liar. Liar liar, pants on fire.

I had mentioned I needed to go to school to do some documentation work and will be back within an hour. No. She said, “Wait-lah, very fast one!” Okay lo. I waited and waited and waited. I even visited the loo several times and found some old issues of LIME (not in the toilet!), that made some memories of old romances kick in.

2 hours later, I FINALLY cosily sat down on the dental chair (or whatever it’s called). I told Dentist Ko-Ko that I had a tingling sensation on one of my rear molar teeth and it feels like a cavity. “Not cavity-lah”, he said after digging for a while. I rebutted, “Sakit-leh.” And thus, he started fitting my front teeth with some kind of green rubber mat that made my mouth look like a trampoline. Then, he started digging and drilling and filling and drilling again… on my lateral incisors. WTH! I was charged RM120 for getting treatment for something I didn’t want to have done in the first place and went home with that hole still in my rear molar.

Fast forward to 2.00p.m., I brought Mummy for lunch at Prangin Mall. We ended up at this ‘cafĂ© & restaurant’ named Thai Station. Moderate food. Moderate service. Like that la. I had Pineapple Fried Rice (ergh!) and Tub Thim Krob (water chestnut & jackfruit in coconut milk) while she had Shrimp Paste Rice (good!) & Thai Cendol (ciplak Penang punya!). Then, go jalan-jalan at Popular Bookstore.
Thai Station, Prangin Mall Atrium B, Level 1
Tub Thim Krob & Thai Cendol
The Pineapple Fried Rice I had

Geek factor resurfaces.

Mummy then dragged me to the Sandilands Market (Chit Teow Lor Ban San, in Hokkien) where I jadi kuli and carried her purchases. Yes, I am a momma's boy. Got home, showered and zoomed off to the gym for some loving from BodyStep, with old tracks. Did BodyJam for the first time in 3 months, after being held at knife-point by Kim and Shakira. Darn, it was good! Nearly got kicked in my face by Sean in BodyCombat later. Was distracted by the presence of three siblings in the GX Studio. Like triplets, woi!

My bum hurts now. Ouch!

Quote of the day:
“There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.” - R. L. Stevenson

3 comments:

savante said...

Wah, so free ah. No need to study meh :)

Hey, you're such a young kid and alreayd going to the gym. In five years, could I grab your pecs?

paul

joshua said...

i'm teaching part time and u know the stress that comes along with the job.

no need five years la. hehex. five months?

executorlouis said...

A very...umm, eventful day! =p

And gawd, i just hate visits to the dentist. Especially when they start drilling. Its worse than nails on chalkboard, i tell ya... ;)