Monday, July 03, 2006

Gold...

I went to Tesco today. To buy milk.

Needless to say, with my reputation as a chronic shopaholic, I failed to leave the hypermarket with only milk.

“PROMOTIONAL PRICE” ONLY RM2.19!!!

I was drawn to it like some fly to the oil-lamp. With almost similar consequences. Sure cannot run away. It then hit me. Apparently, not only the omnipotent four-letter word pulls my strings.

What was the product in the limelight? PEPSI GOLD.

Oh no, another derivative of Pepsi? Haven’t we got enough? They never learn, do they? All this fancy hokey-pokey in futile attempts to re-generate interest in the Pepsi brand. If I remember correctly, they were all short-lived, save for Pepsi Twist.

Honestly, who gives a heck about Pepsi Fire & Ice? The obvious over-abuse of food colouring notwithstanding? And does anyone recall Pepsi Tarik? Yucks… reminiscent of the layman’s cough syrup. Ugh. I nearly drowned the person who convinced me to buy that damned bottle of poison.

Anyways, back to Pepsi Gold.

First impressions matter. I initially thought it depicted hints of concentrated urine. Of a guy who needs more cooling herbal tea in his diet.

Not that aesthetically pleasing. Not the least golden, to me.

[Side note: Just realised this may actually be miscontrued as some sexual fetish-y act]

To buy or not to buy?

I even called LX, “Eh, heard of Pepsi Gold? Looks like piss. Should I buy?”

As I got home, I popped the cover and filled that gassy beverage into an ice-cold mug. Aah… it tasted like… well, Pepsi.

Surprise surprise!

Oh yes, I finished my fifth meal today with this.

-pic of a humongous Nestle MilkyBar-
[ damn geram, keep failing to load this file ]

Not that there was anything left of the 75g bar when I was finished with it.

16 comments:

Alex said...

LOL.... Pepsi Gold.... sure they're desperate for the cola market...
What's next? Pepsi Platinum?
Another point to ponder, if Pepsi Gold tastes like Pepsi itself, then it's all colouring only????
Pepsi, schmepsi....

Anonymous said...

Gawd... you actually bought THAT? How can you buy anything with such fugly packaging?!

Your little mug's sorta cute, though :P

Ganymede said...

Dude. That looks scary... I thought it was peanut oil...

pakcik said...

well..at least you can tell the others that you tried it once already.

i dont drink carbonated drink btw..safe me alot ;)

hrugaar said...

Heh, sounds like they're trying to break into the fetish market. Next will be Pepsi Cherry with special pop-top bottle.

Ew. Can't believe I just typed that! :oD

savante said...

OMIGOD. What a cute lil cup!

What was that bit about golden pepsi fetishes again?

Paul

hcpen said...

wah...really looks like...ahem..u know what...the colouring must be plenty in that drink..u better not take too much of it!

MrBunnyBan said...

Pepsi is trying a wee bit too hard, methinks.

Take another piccy of the cup! :)

famezgay said...

uhmnn i never a pepsi fan.. I love cola too much.. N yes even fast food, i rather choose McD because of coca-cola rather than KFC due to its pepsi ahaha..

senaiboy said...

O.o

i never knew McD and KFC has different.. erm, soft drink?

btw yeah never EVER drink pepsi tarik. >.<

Ry said...

Ahah, since we have almost everyone into Coke, let's organize a Coke-party Pot Luck.

Everyone must bring Coke-inspired food.

Coke chicken, Coke fried bee hoon,
Coke boy, Coke Cock and stuffs ...

Amacam ?
I feel like partay ----

William said...

'Pepsi Gold' sounds better than 'Pepsi Sunset Yellow'.
'Pepsi Ice' sounds better than 'Pepsi Brilliant Blue'.

You made a call to decide whether to buy that Pepsi. It's no longer MYR2.19. :P

jayandkay said...

MMmmm I like all things golden. I like to shower too.

Hey, I like joery's idea. Coke-marinated chicken. :P

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joshua said...

Alex, yeah evidently a fetish-y colour.

WS, aiyo I always fall for new stuffs on promotion, promo price somemore!

Ooo, I think there's a scuba-diving dragon on the mug.

Defiant, that's a first! a NOT SKANKY comment.

Pakcik, no wonder you have such a 'famed' bod. Healthy healthy!

Ru, HAHAHAHAHA why don't you write about your idea to the nearest Pepsi office? Make sure you get the royalty or reward or something.

Paul, don't play pretend to be innocent la. We all know you aren't.

HC, Yes SIR! *salutes*

Bunny, Cola definitely has a bigger share of the market. Me love me Vanilla Coke.

Lawrence, MY GAWD! How could YOU!!! I will wage war on you for ignoring KFC. Glorious oily, greasy fried chicken. Oh yummy!

Senaiboy, go back to your revisions. But won't people in your field see a lot of concentrated 'Pepsi Tarik'?

Joery, you organise la. I set the music playlist. Oh Kylieeee....

William, a chemical analysis of the colour composition!!! Wonder what the results would be when it is put to the test on a chromatography?

Kay, naughty naughty!!! *yows*

cain & abel said...

gosh...you really have balls of steel. I got a can of those pepsi gold freezing in my fridge since last teacher's day. I got it from a class party out of curiousity but i still can't gather enough courage to open the can. You sure it tastes the same like Pepsi??! Yellow....it looked so morbid to me!