Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What a Circus!


If anyone listened to hitz.fm early yesterday morning, one might be traumatised surprised with the 4-hour long marathon of Ms. Britney Spears' hit tunes! Like ZOMG right?

It's Britney, b*tch!

So since this is a one-in-a-lifetime experience as quoted by someone, I tagged along with my buddy, Mr. Spears (who we thought was Malaysia's No. 1 Britney fan; but was defeated with much humility to someone else) to the Malaysian Launch 'party' of Britney's sixth studio album Circus, 1 Utama organised by Sony BMG. Scheduled for worldwide release on 2 December 2008, the release of Circus coincided with Brit's 27th birthday.

Despite it being a long (with some drama mama moments) day, we set forth on this journey to Damansara with only ONE enthusiastic person a.k.a. The Driver. To get the mood going, we had the Circus album booming in the car till like, dudes on the motorcycles were giving us the WTF-look.

Still, only one person was omg excited. Still, not me.

So imagine the DISAPPOINTMENT when we got to the venue - err, why so quiet one? Only 20 people ah? And half are staff?



Okaaayyyy, I sooo totally wanted to leave after the necessary camwhoring (still, not me) to mark the date. At the very least, it was the Pop Princess's birthday!

Front

Back! (LOL cost reduction perhaps?)

Anyways, we managed to convince Mr. Spears to join the Britney lookalike contest (Woo-hooo!) and the entourage excused ourselves to some hidden corner for some mental prep talk and urm, mini-rehearsal? HAHAHA

Kudos to the hitz.fm MCs/DJs for making the whole 'carnival' thingy not-so-dead.

Mr. Kenji - Malaysia's Biggest Britney Fan to date! I think he has everything with Britney in it.

Soooo, even I did go up and attempted to win something during the 'Do You Know Britney? ' Q & A session...

MC: So man, are you a Britney fan?
Joshy: No.
MC: What's that again?
Joshy: No, I am NOT a fan.
MC: What la you, go and play with your camera far far away. GO!

LoL anyways, I DID answer the question correctly and I won a CD... by Amerie. Hmm? (no yippee!)

And Mr. Spears did win lotsa lotsa lotsa prizes from the organisers... Boy, even the MCs had to ask him to STOP raising his hands!

Since the album's titled CIRCUS, there has to be a teeny weensy bit of that in the carnival right...

Oh yeah, this fella was pretty much scaring our entourage on his unicycle, like trailing one of the girls.


Oh yeah, there was also a Dance Demo by California Fitness featuring songs from the new album.


Hmm, he looks familiar?

Don't know his name but yeah, I heard he is a kinda popular gym instructor in KL.

So there's some eye candy for you readers!

It was an evening of revelations for Mr. Spears cos he finally found out that only he and Mr. Kenji are the only actual guys who are fanatic about Britney.

I mean, with normal levels of testosterone circulating and their testes still intact.

Mega-truckloads of erm... girls-stuck-in-boys'-bodies were there. They carry themselves much more femininely than some girls. *no offence!*

I kid you not.

I don't mind them. Their lives, their bodies, their choices. And I do have some effeminate friends/acquaintances somewhere. I believe they have altars at home worshipping Britney/Kylie/Madonna and maybe even, Miley these days?

Seriously, someone I know wanted to go under the knife to look like Britney (Asian version with a tan).

Wow. Uber hot pink!

The winner of the Lucky Draw (above!) - walked away with some Sony Ericsson cellphone. Right before he went into Britney mode. And danced on stage like the Pop Princess herself.


Anyhooooooo, to complete the whole Britney-mania experience, we had a nonstop replaying of Britney's hits, old and new, on the drive home. Possibly with a thousand times of Womanizer Womanizer!

'Cos you know, everybody's a Britney fan deep down. Blek!

15 comments:

J.L said...

that instructor name Sunny :)

AJ v2 said...

Gosh!! I missed all the fun :(

wanted to go but...well, i was preoccupied on dec 2 :(

Rae P said...

k.

first dibs on the guy with the white necklace! xD

ah ha ha.....

Fable Frog said...

why weren't it crowded? it's Britney! though i am not a fan~ but to have the radio playing 4 of Brit with a countdown to the number 1 song fav of all time sounds like she's really something~ my friend even text me the song lists played~ and i'm like meh~

Nicholas Rashidee said...

maybe dec 2nd was a tue?? if they did the promo on a weekend, there would be more crowds. i mean, britney used to have teen fans back in the 90s. nowadays fans are working and such, i guess? would love to see them put cute hunks in cages though.. lol..

Elliot T. McBeal said...

Um... the California fitness instructor would be Sunny Cheong, and Mr. Kenji happened to interned with my ex company for a few months 2 years ago.

Medie007 said...

uber hot instructor. i thought he was also some model for the football commercial. apparently gay one too.

Janvier said...

Sorry, Britters hasn't been giving us any good songs (queue Leave Britney Alone youtube).

joshua said...

Chester, ooo! You go to his classes?

AJ, darn... I bet I would've spotted your fabulosity if you were there.

Raeshad, urm, having naughty thoughts are we?

Froggie, lol I think it's amazing that her hits can span 4 hours long! ZOMG!

Nicholas, maybe they wanted to keep the launch party UMUM, not 18SX?

Elliot, what a small world this is!

Bong, you definitely have the queer eye huh?

Janvier, really? You no likey CIRCUS? I do, I think it's her best since Baby... One More Time! Just my take on it.

Unknown said...

i think circus is the best thing since gimme more... womanizer is average.. but circus is... HAWT! =)

hahaha~ =) and omg -.- britney mega fan.. scary
~~

oh wait.. I do the same for P!nk ~ ahahaha evry cd, every dvd~ lalalalaa

Anonymous said...

That Sunny boy entered the Man Hunt before. I think I still have his picture shirtless somewhere. Hehehe... Anyway, are you sure you don't like Britney's songs? Not even one?

Alice said...

I grew up with Britney. Gosh shes like mother to me..

nase said...

I might be the only one who is soooo NOT into what's-her-name again, Britney? Expecting daggers this way soon, lol. WTF, 4 hours of wasted airtime dedicated to her? Sic!

joshua said...

Aaron, I totally agree... there are some BETTER tracks in the CIRCUS album. Hmm pirate some of your Pink collection for me, aite?

Calvin, I do like the new album.

Leo, wow... but isn't she more like a Sister-figure? Though that's not a great thing either right?

Nase, lol I didn't get exposed that morning. Amen!

Mr.D said...

I heard the new single, kinda ok.