Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Damn Those Angmoh Durians!"

WARNING: The video below is a techno? song performed in the Hokkien Dialect. Hilarity ensues.



Durian Sisters (played by May & Choy) performing 行情坏/Bad Times, although I'd think Lousy Economy is a better translation.

Ah wonders of YouTube!


"Damn those Angmoh Durians!" *quoted verbatim from the movie.

HAHAHAHAHA! At the end of this scene (cut off, obviously), they are seen throwing those star-dagger-thingies at their rivals, the Papaya Sisters (the protagonists)!

Okay technically the twins are NOT angmohs and they are obviously lip-syncing poorly but it's so-funny-I-can-die! Which reminds me how much I love the 881 movie lah~! It never fails to entertain. Royston Tan is a genius... Who else can make such a bombastic movie about the getai industry???
Getai = Stage performances usually in season during the Hungry Ghosts Festival or other Chinese-related Deity/God's birthday/Canonisation Day or something...

Hmm, looking at the video... What kinda bottoms are they wearing? Inverted plastic skirts?

I think I shall upload this song into my iPod =P Just to remind myself that I shouldn't spend too much...

Tell me if anybody wants a translation... cos I am kinda lazy to do it now. LOL


Happy New Year again!
2008 has been a blast...

10 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

LOLz... never knew the sistahs could be so Ah Lian. Thanks for the laughter.

Have a wonderful 2009! ^_^

word verification: so large

+Ant+

KhaO-LAr-sEXy-PRESS said...

mana durian? dont have also. banana sista got ler. :P

JD Cole said...

LOL!!

Happy New Year 2009 joshy~

XOXO

Nicholas Rashidee said...

LOL ^^

Happy New Year, joshy~! ^^

Clayden L. said...

happy new year! :D


ps: all the best in study and good luck in passing your exams

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

I did not watch that video on accounts that I hate those two. I'm sorry.

Thanks for the card love and Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

happy new year!!

Anonymous said...

The Getai Queens! Yeehee... From (Almost) Angmohs to Ah Lians? Perfect song to welcome the new year with. ;)

savante said...

Fuyooh. Mana you cari ni! :P

Anonymous said...

oh~ don't understand hokkien but the song's kinda' nice~ haha