Friday, June 16, 2006

I Don't Get It

It's beyond my comprehension that a multitude of awkward situations occur in my presence on umpteen occasions.

Worse, they happen when I am blur blur or steam steam! Hence, I might not even realise what sorta weird position I was put in or how I responded.

The customary ones include, *nod nod* and "Ah yes, I agree."

Few weeks back, I attended this interview for university admission. There were three professors on the other side of the desk.

*Blablabla boring discussion about the field which never seemed to end*

It went pretty smoothly until I made a majorly idiotic comment.

"I don't think education in this profession would be sufficient by reading materials like (insert famous textbook). Personally, I find it dry and lengthy. One might need heavy dosages of caffeine to stay awake if one desires to read it cover to cover."

Professor J then said, "Oh, Professor A should take note and make it more interesting then. HE WAS ONE OF THE AUTHORS." *points to Professor A*

In my head, obviously filled with air, I was like, "OMG, crap! Sure die this time. No wonder his name sounded so familiar."

Clearly, honesty AIN'T the best policy!!!

"Don't worry, I know it's not that cool." responded Professor A.

And the session carried on with me being slightly more cautious with my blatant opinions.


Today, I was at the front desk chit-chatting with Drew about training. Then, May came along and Drew suddenly commented, "Beckham damn hebat lah!" Yes, they were discussing the World Cup match between England and Trinidad & Tobago.

What is a gay boy to do? Fold paper aeroplanes lo. While they get soooo excited about which tactics and strategies Eriksson (dunno how to spell la) executed. I can only get soooo excited if we're talking about Beckham's endowment skills, ahem ahem.

M: What? They expect Rooney to bring some miracle in the last few minutes?
D: They depend too much on the injured Rooney already.
M: But definitely, when Rooney entered at the last moments, the opponents guarded him until the defense turned lax.

Drew and May kept blabbering about more and more other players. Owen lah, Crouch lah, blablabla...

Out of nowhere, May looked at me and "Hey, what say you?"

(Like hell I would know anything besides which of the English players are scorching hot?)

"Yeah, they shouldn't depend too much on an injured player."

(Note the plagiarism)

The heated talk lasted for another 5 minutes. Yawns. Without me involved of course.


And I was driving home from the facial, this tardy Kenari jutted out of nowhere and overtook me. Effing pastry! I stayed behind the jerk for quite a distance. Then, some boy sprung up from the back seat and started waving at me. And he kept waving and waving and waving. So joyfully. Like he saw Mickey Mouse like that. For a few minutes you know? Like his hands won't tire. Fancy workout is it?

Wait, was he waving at me? Having common courtesy, I waved back.

He freaked and hid himself. Like saw a ghost like that.


Err, what just happened? *scratches head*

11 comments:

Shake Trees said...

hmmm... ur too steamy n when d boy saw u behind some fog... errr need i to say more... btw r u wearing white? kekeke... ;)

famezgay said...

urh.. football is always boring..

uhmnn.. anyway most professor do write textbooks.. U better becareful on wat u say in interview ekkeke

Anonymous said...

Is he really weaving with you? Haha btw is he cute? Not cute then dun care about him lar next time :P

Xavier said...

OMGAWWWWD, the boy in the kenari was soooo funyy!!!!! first laugh of the day for me, thanks ya :p

Ganymede said...

Wakakaka. You scared the shit out of that boy. Wakakkaka.

Derek said...

Heh, funny post la. Though a bit strange, the waving boy.


You in Penang now or KL?

MrBunnyBan said...

Heee. What a friendly little boy! I guess he thought you looked like a nice sorta person. :)

Alex said...

Lessons from your entry:
1) Never criticize a book in front of its author
2) Football is damn boring (I agree)
3) Kids are scared of fabolous gay men

senaiboy said...

lol. for one thing, u might want to stop putting the link to this blog in ur comments in my public, straight blog. gah.. i hope nobody comes over and find my other blog =/

btw football is nice to watch when there are cute guys like Saviola in it =P

joshua said...

Koala, I was 'fruity'-coloured the other night.

Lawrence, I know better NOW.

Lloyd, he was a little kid la. Like 5-6 years old.

Xavier, glad it made you laugh.

Defiant, but I look angelic what. Ahem ahem.

Derek, in Penang now.

Kyle, you are ANOTHER one.

Mr Bunny, that's the nicest comment thus far.

Alex, wow my blog can be "educational" too? *honoured* And boy, aren't WE fabulous? Still, I lose to you lah.

Harvey, I shall whack you.

Senaiboy, Whoopsie! I didn't notice. Sorry MASSIVELY! No repeato.

Yeah, football is only good to watch with stallion stud players in it. No guesses on what I am eyeing.

joshua said...

and people, it's way too early to scare me with the HORROR aspect of the kid incident.

Not yet 7th month of the Lunar Calendar also.

Signs of watching too many Korean/Japanese/Hollywood-rip off Horror Flicks. LoL