Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Underwater World Langkawi

Eh, I thought this place was supposed to show animals from the underwater realm? Got aves?

Somehow I was drawn to this school of fish, imprisoned in a cyclindrical glass tank. Beauty in midst of chaos?

Got penguins somemore. My trip buddies can't stop commenting on how I resemble them, especially my walking style. I SO NOT LOOK LIKE A PENGUIN!!!

Some weed yeah? Nope, it's a leafy seadragon. Cousin of the seahorse. 'Star Attraction' of the whole centre. But got ONE SINGLE EXHIBIT only!


"Alien creature has reached Earth~!!!" Kel, the Himbo was so amazed with this shelled organism that he kept staring at it and must have taken like hundreds of shots of it. It's a Nautilus la, dungu!

Not-bad displays on set. But the maintenance was not up to mark. The 3D cinema was pathetic. And got this kampung house exhibit in the middle of nowhere, with blinking neon lights somemore. Like Hari Raya!

It costs MYR28.00 nett for Walk-In Malaysians.

9 comments:

Shake Trees said...

hmm... looks like a penguin escaped... lolz. hmm... how come got parrots gar. mayb it can swim kua... ;)

famezgay said...

grrr.. i miss my langkawi trip last year..

I miss the cheap cheap chocolates

I miss the cheap cheal alcohols..

William said...

You did not mention the most exciting thing about the penguin display -- their high-speed expulsion of shit!!

joshua said...

Koala, I am not KETOT like them okay? The place does not only exhibit sea and river creatures but also rainforest ones.

Lawrence, I miss smuggling all the alcohol from the island. LOL

William, you actually noticed THAT??? The penguins damn glam, poser habis!

Alex said...

Cute animals! Especially the penguins.... sure you don't resemble them in some way or another?

Hmmm... this reminds of KLCC Aquaria...

William said...

How can one not notice that. They do it, like, every 2 minutes. Like constant cirit-birit. It's all over the place! Yeah, all that posturing. I love their eyebrows. So "Pai Mei".

++ Chris ++ said...

Hi there, want to say dat I like your photos, hehe. I also luv to see marine creatures here in SeaWorld...=)

Harvey said...

They think you waddle like a penguin? The last time I went to Langkawi as a kid, there was nothing interesting at all except the famous kubur (graveyard).

William said...

Come to think of it, other than the beaches, one must visit the cable car. Fantastic view.