Sunday, May 07, 2006

the Big Two-Oh!

Not sleeping well and having to wake up early at a godforsaken hour for a 10 hour working stint is fine. That day being a Saturday, not so nice. Getting stuck in traffic on the way home along a never-jam-before snailrail expressway on the eve of one’s date of birth is stretching it.

I reached home agitated. ONLY 60 minutes before the party. *panic* I so needed a shower badly. And brush my teeth, take a dump and drown myself in mist of eau de toilette. Fast forward 2 hours, I got to Dome Island Plaza. Yes, I was late for my own birthday party! Almost everybody else arrived AFTER me.

So I commemorated the last day of my teenage years surrounded by friends, food, ice-cream, cakes and erm… strangers, a lot of them. (it was a café and at dinner time somemore!)

Got balloons! At an angle, the red ones resemble boobs.


I am 20! NOT 40! *grumbles* NOT FUNNY! But it was 'imported' tiramisu.

Like any party, we talked as we dined. Primarily about sex. And about Ed getting raped by a girl the night before.
Like we were in a school canteen, we passed threw food around.
Like a kid, Jian popped the red boobs balloons.
Like a horror movie, there were a lot of high-pitched screaming.
Like middle-aged people, several friends gave me angpows as gifts. (Too lazy to get me a proper present, cheh!)

A bargain, you can get Armani City Glam from Cold Storage for only RM1.49! lol

After dinner (it ended at 11.45pm), the gang adjourned to The Café, a gay club; like Penang’s answer to Liquid. So I was in a gay club with mostly homophobic friends (they know of my liking for boys.) I can’t even recall the last time I entered a club, let alone a gay one. Ah the irony! Plus, it was Daphne’s first time in a club. There goes your virginity, girlfriend! *pat pat*

Last thing I remembered clearly was the deejay announcing my birthday and playing Madonna’s ‘Sorry’ for me (the gayest song the friends requested in my honour). And how awkward is it (for me) as my friends cheer ‘YUM SENG’ like at some Chinese wedding dinner?

Everything that happened later is vague to me.

My memory of last night is approximately as crystal clear as this picture.

But I think there was some invisible sign on me that exclaimed ‘Touch ‘n Go’ because guys just came up and squeezed my bum and left. Donno how lah, but someone took my shirt off and topless I was. Like I am some hustler like that. Got this one guy (dyed hair, eww!) who kept grinding his butt all over me and grabbed me crotch with my friends in clear view.

Me being violated.

[Chad dear, it wasn’t my fault! Honest!] I think it is good I am unable to conjure up the whole scenario.

But I digress.


I am 20 now and the world is waiting for me. Life is going to be good.

15 comments:

Zemien said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And since you requested for longer, more constructive comments, here's one:

Use the [strike] command judiciously. It kinda spoils the humour if you overuse it as I have to reread several times. Well, that's my point of view.

And really, you were such a good boy and didn't get any phone numbers that night?

joshua said...

Z, thank you and thank you (the second one comes with a glare!)

I told you I am not good in this blogging thing!

I AM A GOOD BOY!

Will said...

Happy birthday! You young ciku!

Aiyoh use as many strike commands as u like la! It's ur fucking blog, and not like ur gonna be up for a Pulitzer or anything. I myself tend to use it in almost every post anyway.

And how on earth did u actually get to take a pic of someone grabbinig ur crotch?! Where's this club where ppl get molested so much!?! I was in Penang on Sat night and I just sat in my hotel room only...*sob*

Will be back on the 25th tho...

Derek said...

Ooh, belated happy birthday joshua! 20 only and you are complaining! Hmmph.

And what a way to celebrate by being violated and all! LOL

Take care.

executorlouis said...

HAPPY 20th BDAY!!!

Hoho. No more a teenager. Can't claim innocence now! ;)

And how does someone get raped by a girl? That would be interesting to see...

Ganymede said...

Happy Belated Bday~~~

Welcome to the Big Two O club. :P

Ganymede said...

Happy Belated Bday~~~

Welcome to the Big Two O club. :P

joshua said...

Will, thanks for your support! Hehe

Er, you haven't heard of The Cafe? Its right next to Gurney Hotel. I often see pilots and stewards(esses) having meals at nearby mamaks (in uniform)

Didn't say earlier. I could have sent you a piece of the tiramisu 'imported' from KL. Hmm 25th ay?

Derek, getting my modesty outraged wasn't part of the celebration plan.

Oh yeah, I guess complaining comes along with my genes. haha

Louis, apparently my friend was drunk at a sleepover party and some stranger chick started to do funny things to him and he was too stoned to resist? haha he's always been a chick magnet

but I won't know. I'm so innocent!

def, what are the perks being in the Big Two O Club? 2 orgasms per nite?

Everyone, Thanks for ze Bday wishes!

hcpen said...

Hi
I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday:) And i am glad to hear that ur straight guy friends are so supportive with u being gay n all even till the extent of going to a gay club with you! Anyways, glad you seemed to have enjoyed ur birthday and may your 20s be one of ur brightest and most memorable years...

Mr RM said...

Happy 20th Birthday, there will be more days to come, and I definitely love the topless part... COOL

Xavier said...

congrats on ur first violation ... :)

Alex said...

Happy birthday dude!!!
Wow... I missed my 20th birthday... so envy of you.... anyway, what a way to celebrate your birthday!!! Got people to 'violate' you & all.... hahahaha....
Ok, dude.... enjoy your life...
:)

joshua said...

HC, Thanks! There were also girls who came along. I guess my friends are cool. They seem ok with my alternative lifestyle but to me, they are still in the denial phase.

I do hope that my 20s will be brighter and be more fun!

Searcher, I wish I had the body to flaunt being topless. Still a lot to work on.

Calvin, I think I don't fall into either categories you stated. I am like the nerdy type, with glasses and all. But I do have a pronounced wild streak.

What is there to envy? Thanks, you aren't that late. My OWN sister wished me around the same time u commented. =S

Xavier, err... it wasn't my (first) violation per se. Thanks for dropping by.

Alex, it wasn't planned. Grr, why everyone thinks I went clubbing with the hope of getting touched. Okay, maybe I subconsciously did but it was still a shocker. I am not used to so much 'attention'.

savante said...

You were free for open violation and I wasn't invited?!! Dammit. I didn't even get to grab your 20 yr old bum.

What is this strike command? I don't get it either.

Paul

Buaya said...

In KL? Wow... Seems like it is a HOT gay scene up north... :)