Saturday, May 06, 2006

I'm back

From Penang to Kay-Elle,
In every disco I get in,
My heart is pumping for love,
You left me longing for you.
Wo…. Wo…

#Sing-a-long to the melody of Infernal's ‘From Paris to Berlin’#

So the KL trip has ended and I am now home, settling back into the boring routine that is my life. Ecstatic lah when I see new eateries and buildings popping up around KL after 6 weeks away. I totally fell in love with the valley again although I was only in 3 places throughout the week.

Damansara. Bandar Kinrara. Bank Negara.

In spite of my desperation what the epiphora might suggest, I did not indulge in any R(A) activites. No clubbing. (Maydaze tix gone to waste) Not even alcohol. Needless to say, no sex. How strange.


The closest thing I had to alcohol

Another odd thing is that I actually hung out at One Utama for 3 consecutive days? And I did not run out of things to do there. Of course having the company of David the Divine Adonis was a pulling factor. (Yup, the boy dated lepak-ed with me for 3 days in the exact same mall.) Oh yes, there was also Soon The Married and Isabella the Celestial Chinadoll who blazed the aisles with mua pre- and post Labour Day. (never mind the last two, they were just around to pay for my spending hehe) Plus this biatch, ICC snatched my Maydaze tickets away! It was free of charge but still. =S

Asia's Largest Indoor Climbing Gym

Camp 5. I was literally lovingly led dragged up here by David. I stress on the verb dragged. This future psychologist thinks climbing rocks/cliffs and falling on my back is the spot-on, immediate cure for my dislike of heights. I was squealing away as he pulled me in. (This kid has strong arms, I am telling you.) So David with all his machismo completed the circuit in less than 10 minutes and yours truly err… let’s say it was not laudable even for a newbie. Yay! Another sport Joshy sucks at.


RM29.17 for three people? Whoa, Rm2.80 just for a glass of Cham Peng (70sen roadside kopitiam price)

So I explored every nook and cranny of Klang Valley’s favourite mall, as voted by KLue readers. Bookstore adventure, arcade tournaments, window shopping, dining, gaydar-ing people-watching. The sort of things people normally do at places like this. I am stale I know. But I spotted Daniel Gan, the Milo ad fella.

*cough cough* The best part was bunking over at young boytoy David’s home, specifically his room. We had fun playing there. Clean fun, mind you. Like watching Naruto. And he even made me some potato salad served on his refined abs. Yum! Guess what? He We decided to stay in and do some TV-surfing instead of shaking booty to other beautiful sweaty hunks at Maydaze. What joy can be found by grinding your bod surrounded by topless men all over the place? Watching the idiot box while munching on chips and tub after tub of ice-cream. Now that’s pure ambrosia, no?

Work was a drag. Family is drama as usual. But you know what is the best therapy? SHOP TILL I DROP!

6 comments:

Zemien said...

"David the Divine Adonis"?

And you said "Close Personal Friend" was too long?

Hmmph!

Anonymous said...

Mmm... chips and ice cream...

Anonymous said...

You never said who this David Adonis fella is.

Simple Pleasures said...

there is a banana republic boutique in one utama?

joshua said...

Z, DDA suits him very well me thinks.

WS, Yups. Chips In Ice Cream too.

anonymous, David is a friend, for now. He's (almost) perfect but... sighs. Hey, who's you?

Harvey, Chad's my hubby! But you know lah, distractions all over. I so don't want to bitchslap you dude!

simple, the banana republic paperbag (and its contents) were bought for me by Soon. BR is my fave brand of apparel. BR will hit KL later this year or early '07.

Will said...

I was thinking the same about the BR bag. LOL! Yeah it's coming but not soon though. Singapore will get its first store mid-year.

BTW ur evil la...didn't ask any of us to come to ur class also.